The weather has been co-operative, so I spent a few hours in the last couple of days doing a little bit of maintenance. Changed the oil, cleaned up the accidental oil spill, de-rusted the chain, adjusted the chain slack. There is something wrong with the rear brake (fluid is new and fine), so I’m thinking that one of the pistons is seized: project for next week. A seal kit is $25, and realistically it’d cost me $100 in labour .. or two days of serious fidgeting.
If you anyone remembers, I bought an extra seat last year and cut the back-end off it. Then I got it re-upholstered in brown leather. It clashed with the red and white, so I repainted the seat black with spray-on vinyl dye I found at Canadian Tire.
Looks better already. I am definitely looking forward to this season.